Bethesda Immediate Care
Primary Care Physicians located in Bethesda, MD
An annual checkup may be one of the most important things you do for your ongoing health and wellness. The providers at Bethesda Immediate Care of Bethesda, Maryland, offer annual physical exams for men, women, and children to help prevent, diagnose, and treat both acute and chronic problems. For a thorough, high-quality annual exam, call or schedule an appointment today.
What is an annual checkup?
An annual checkup is a physical evaluation that you get on a yearly basis. Starting at age four, an annual visit benefits every member of your family by:
- Monitoring chronic health conditions
- Detecting early signs of illness
- Screening for cancer
- Updating immunizations
- Identifying new health risks
- Updating your health history
- Evaluating your current medications
Finally, an annual checkup offers you a chance to build trust with your provider. Even if you do not have any health concerns, it is important that you know your provider and they know you. In the event that you need medical treatment, the more your provider knows you, the better care you receive.
What happens during an annual checkup?
During an annual checkup, your provider:
- Gives you a thorough physical examination
- Asks questions to assess overall health status
- Makes lifestyle recommendations
- Adjusts medications, if needed
- Follows up on any ongoing treatment plans
- Makes adjustments to ongoing treatment plans
- Orders diagnostic testing, including bloodwork or cancer screenings
A yearly visit with your provider offers you a chance to share any concerns and ask questions that empower you to make good lifestyle choices.
What is included in a physical assessment?
As part of your physical assessment, the team at Bethesda Immediate Care:
- Records vital signs, including blood pressure, oxygen level, and heart rate
- Records weight and height
- Checks reflexes, coordination, and neurological status
- Assesses vision and hearing
- Assesses mental health and development
- Assesses circulation and breathing
- Assesses abdomen and elimination
- Assesses skin condition
- Assesses ears, nose, and throat
- Assesses muscles, joints, and bones
An annual checkup includes a Pap smear, breast exam, and pelvic exam for women, and a prostate check for men. For children, annual checkups are adjusted depending on their age and developmental abilities.
An annual checkup is an important part of protecting the health of every member of the family. Fortunately, most health insurance providers cover one physical exam each year.
For an annual checkup, call or schedule an appointment online with Bethesda Immediate Care today.